Pages

Saturday 26 January 2013

No 5 - New Year - New everthing



Hello some more,
Christmas was a fun time for everyone, not that I could join in much of it, but it was good to see what I needed to do to enjoy next Christmas.
I was taken along to lots parties, where everyone made a fuss of me and gave me presents, I enjoy being made a fuss of; it’s good practice for when I grow up.
I met some other babies too; we compared notes and swopped horror stories. Don’t parents do some dumb things sometimes? 
My friend Sophie, who is a year older than me, told me that her mum sometimes gives her banana or strawberry flavoured milk, I wish I could have that, Mummy’s milk-bar only serves vanilla... next year maybe.
Sophie's daddy is a dentist, he pulls people's teeth out, I asked Sophie what he does with them and she said that he probably gives them to babies because we don't have any.
Mummy cut my fingernails over Christmas; that was a scary new experience for us both. I cried, but not a tears kind of crying,  just a cry saying ‘Be careful’
Apparently we have started a new year, my last year was only two months long, I thought it was a good one, I don’t why they needed to change it.
Mummy tells everyone that I was born in the year of the Dragon, she also says that I was 1 year old when I was born, which makes me 1 year and three months old now, but Dad says I was zero when I was born, so I am just three months old. Don't ask! It’s a cultural thing, but very confusing.
 Grandma say that I should have my legs bound to prevent me growing up with bow legs, but mummy says that in the West legs are left to stretch and grow long and strong. I’m sticking with mummy on that one.
Auntie Jean and Uncle Roy visited us today to say goodbye to Grandma and Grandpa, who are returning to China at the weekend, they have been here three months. I feel very sad; they have taught me so much and have been a great help for mummy and daddy. We are going to miss them lots.
Well it is sleep time again; will they put me into the crib, the cot, the carry crib, the carry cot, the stroller, or the rocker? I am spoiled for choice, but it doesn't much matter, cos I can sleep anywhere, anytime.
Ah well! Zzzz time.
Bye for now.
Amelie
XX


No comments:

Post a Comment